Thursday 23 October 2008

Too Busy?

Too busy to give the time of day?
Too busy to watch the children play?
Too busy to hear the call of the loon?
Too busy to marvel at the waxing moon?
Too busy to help the man in need?
Too busy consumed with the thought of greed?
Too busy to observe the setting sun?
Too busy to have a bit of fun?
Too busy to listen to the wind through the trees?
Too busy to put a friend at ease?
Too busy to enjoy life's simple pleasures?
Too busy to care about the world's hidden treasures?
Too busy to stroll through the morning dew?
Too busy to say 'I love you'?
Are you too busy?
At what cost?
Think of all the times you lost.

4 comments:

  1. Klahanie: This is really very nice; you've got the poetry bug, and lucky for all of us! Peace. dc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. You are the poetic one. I decided to do a bit of dabbling. Maybe sometime again, but for now, I think I should get back to my usual ramblings.
    Much obliged dcrelief

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Klahanie,
    Thank you for this thought-provoking, deep-probing blog.

    I face a new question each time I read this. In empathy and peace.

    ReplyDelete

I do try to comment back to each commenter individually. However, I might have to shorten my replies or give a group thank you. That way, I can spend more time commenting on your blogs. Thank you and peace, my friend.